God will make a way,
When there seems to be no way.
He works in ways we cannot see.
He will make a way for me.
He will be my guide, hold me closely to his side,
With love and strength for each new day.
He will make a way.
This has always been one of my favorite choruses. There is so much truth in it, simple truth. Truth, I think, we often forget. Sometimes life throws a lot of things at you at once, and you just don't know what to do with them. Right now that is happening in our life. As a wife I ache for my husband and the injustice that is being sent his way. I have to take off my pastor's wife hat right now and concentrate on simply being a wife. I want to go to the people who are making my husband's life miserable right now and give them a HUGE piece of my mind. I want to rant and rave and yell and say nasty things to them just as they have my husband. To be honest I don't want to be a Christian to them. I want to unleash my humaness on them and then see what they say. Sigh...alas, I can't do that. I won't do that. Why? Because I'm a Christian first, then a wife, then a pastor's wife. We all know it never does any good to through gas on a fire. We know that all our lives we've told to be kind to others, don't answer in anger, do unto others...Why are we told those things? Because that's what Christ tells us to do. A gentle answer turns away wrath. Our Lord didn't go human on those that treated him injustly. Rather, he took the abuse and persecution silently, only speaking the truth back when he had to. Aren't we to follow his example? Yes, we are. But! They're being so mean and nasty to David, doesn't that count for something? I suppose, in this world it does, but as a Christian I'm to look to CHRIST'S example and follow that. It's not easy, though, is it? Why is it that doing the right thing can be so hard?
So, as a Christian, a wife, a pastor's wife, what do I do? I hold my husband as he collapses in tears and bewilderment. I hold him close and tell him it's all going to be OK. I tell him how proud I am that he is standing up for what's right and not letting these bullies push him around. I pray for him to have wisdom--God promises to give generously to all who ask for it. I pray that this experience doesn't destroy my husband but that it'll only make him stronger. I pray.
Right now things are cloudy, they don't make sense, we feel our world is spiraling out of control. But, I have to remember that it's all crystal clear in God's eyes. It makes sense to him, he has everything under control. I have to remember that He's a faithful God and has never left me (us) or forsaken us. He's always been there for us. And, He WILL guide us and direct us and make our path known to us. If you think about it, please pray with us today. We would sure appreciate it.
1 comment:
I am praying for you and David as you walk through this fog. I know this is said all the time but God is IN control. Just continue to love and serve Him and do what's right and He will reward you. He loves you and David so very much!!
We do too!
Love, Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment