Monday, February 23, 2009

Showers of blessings



This weekend David and I were in Akron for a baby shower. My mom and sister threw it for me/us and what a wonderful day it was! They put in many hours of preparation from the decorations to the food and all was fabulous and so much fun!!!! They really out-did themselves! We had over 30 people there and received so many wonderful gifts. I was getting very overwhelmed opening them all and feeling so undeserving of them. Our baby girl is well-provided for at this point and it's due to the generosity of many people. We are so thankful!!!! I can't say enough how thankful I am for my mom and sister and all their hard work in making Saturday a special day. I love them so much and they sure did show me their love through all their labors. The food was fantastic (they planned a brunch rather than the usual shower food), and I think everyone there just had a really wonderful time.

We were also able to find a "new" vehicle--it's new to us anyway! :) We bought a 2003 Toyota Sienna, the Symphony line--apparently, that means the bumper matches the rest of the car and isn't just the factory stamped out usual one. I don't know, I just know it's a blessing! :) It's silvery-grey with 80, 000 miles on it and runs GREAT! We will get many years of use out of this!! Which is good, as that was the plan! :) It's also a wonderful feeling to have paid for it with cash and we don't owe anyone anything for it. So, yes, we have entered the minivan club and are quite OK with it! :) We have both enjoyed driving it. My mom-in-law pointed out that there are 5 passenger seats which means we can have 5 kids! :) We shall see...let's just get through this one! :)

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Loved seeing you and David this weekend. So thankful for your van. I'm glad you liked the shower. I find it hilarious that we titled our posts exactly the same... love you!