Today marks a very interesting day for me. One that I have looked forward to with great anticipation and now that it's here, I'm even more excited, but also, well, it's a little strange. You see, today marks the end of a chapter in my life. That chapter would be me in the work force, earning an actual paycheck, working from 9-5 (or 8-5, or 9-6, or...), having coworkers, deadlines, endless emails and voice mails. Who wouldn't miss this? :) It's strange only because this is all I've known. I graduated college, and went directly into the work world. Some of my friends got married and started having kids, not me. I did that much later. For the past 9 years (yes, I've been out of college for 9 years...) my life has been dictated by the alarm clock, the time clock and whatever other clock you can come up with. I've dealt with coworkers who were great, who were stinkers and have some life-long friends from those jobs. I've had jobs I've hated, loved, was indifferent about. I've worked with people from China and people who have never lived anywhere but the town our job was located in. I've worked in Akron, OH, Cameroon, Africa and other places in between. It's been an interesting 9 years. The skills I've learned, the people I've met, the different companies I've learned about--all very different. I started my working career at a mortgage company, having NO IDEA what I was doing and now am finishing at a college as a secretary.
But, today also marks the beginning of a NEW chapter in my life--MOMMYHOOD!! Something I am MOST excited about and have been looking forward to for YEARS! I can't believe it's here. I've waited, dreamed and speculated about what it would be like. And, well, it's here, and I still have no idea! :) That's part of the fun. As with any new job I'm sure I'll begin this one with some fear, nervousness and anxiety. Not knowing what to do and having a lot of on-the-job training. However, I look forward to the beginning of this "job" like no other. You see, I know I am doing what God wants me to do. I know I am right where He wants me and when we're in that place how can you want to be anywhere else? Am I scared? Sure! Am I unsure of what's to come? Absolutely! However, I know this is God's will for my life, for our family, and I know He'll guide and direct me as I need it. It's a bittersweet thing, this closing a chapter and opening a new one, but I am so very excited about it that I know it's all going to be OK!
Now, for sure, my next blog entry will be introducing you to our new baby girl (or boy, if they were wrong with the ultrasound! :) ). I look forward to writing that blog!
3 comments:
Motherhood - best full time job in the world. It has endless perks, comes with the BEST co-workers and, well, you have very good job security. There are a few things that, only once in awhile, get a little old... not really old, maybe just are a bit of a nuesiance... let's see... no snooze button on THAT alarm clock!(morning snuggles are the absolute best though), paychecks always getting lost in the mail(who are we kidding, no one could afford to pay us!), and NO total time off, b/c what Mommy can turn off her heart (just as it should be)???
You are about to join a very special club, and I couldn't be more excited for you!!! You will be an amazing Mom. I know this b/c I know you, and I also know you have a great, supportive husband, and most of all a God who is always available to help!!!
Love you. See you tomorrow!!!
My dear sweet Jennifer Lee! This was an excellent blog! It made me cry and laugh at the same time.
You are going to be an excellent mommy! Motherhood is the BEST job in the world. I feel so blessed to be a mommy to two wonderful and beautiful daughters!
love you.
mom
Jeni!
I loved your blog entry, and I can't wait to read the next one (!!!) :-)
I will be thinking about you constantly tomorrow!
Love,
Lisa
Post a Comment