Yes, it's true. Cora is now 7 months and is closer to being a year old than not. Sigh...how does this happen??? Of course, she was 7 months yesterday, but I just didn't get my act together to get this done in time! So, what has our little girl been up to this past month? Oh, so many things!
She has learned the joys of other foods besides her trusty Alimentum formula! We started with carrots (loves), then green beans (hates), applesauce (loves) and right now butternut squash, which seems to be her favorite so far! It's so much fun for me to feed her and watch her as she discovers new tastes and textures.
She is rolling like a pro and very quickly gets to where she wants by doing so! She'll be one place and we'll turn around only to discover she's no longer there. She is getting better and better with sitting up. As long as she's not startled or the dog doesn't lick her she seems to be fine. She has, however, received her first battle wound. She fell over the other day and hit her cheek on the plastic box that holds her blocks. Yeah, she has a bruise now. :( Made me very sad, and of course she was not pleased either!
Cora is learning to wave and most of the time will wave back at you. She notices when Mommy and/or Daddy are NOT in the room or her line of vision. She loves to sit and eat, I mean, READ books (as long as you don't do too many!) and just loves to be played with. She continues to love Molly and we've had to start telling her "no" as she reaches and pulls on Molly's ears and nose and tail and...Bless Molly's heart, she just takes it all in stride and doesn't seem to mind.
We've had to start disciplining a little bit. Yep, our little angel can be quite unangelic at times. GASP! say the grandparents! :) Well, it's true. She has decided that throwing temper tantrums is fun. So, she is learning what "no" means and other such "fun" things. And so it begins...
As Cora gets older and older I become more and more aware of the awesome responsibility I've been given when blessed with this child. Wow. I'm forming her life. I'm affecting how she reacts to things. It's such a huge responsibility and very overwhelming most of the time.
Hopefully, I'll get some photos posted of her. I took several yesterday when it was her 7 month day. We can only hope, right? :)
4 comments:
You are saying "no" to my precious granddaughter?!?!?!?!?!
Love,
Momma
Cute Jeni!
I miss Cora so much!
love,
mom
I can't wait to see her in 1 week!!! Riley likes throwing temper tantrums too! :)
She is angelic - look at that precious smile and those big blue eyes! :):) We love you Cora Ann!
Post a Comment