Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Holiday Treats

I know, the holidays are over and so this post is a little late, but hey! Life has been busy! Maybe we can enjoy the holiday treats post now that the holidays are over, and we might be wanting a little something sweet to nibble on again! :) Last Christmas due to our moving, me being pregnant and just not too in to the Christmas spirit I did not do any cookie baking for my dear husband. He loves cookies and well, I just didn't get them done. So, to make up for it, I may have gone a little overboard this year! :) I made several things this year. Pictured below are just four of the treats I made. Not pictured would be pecan puffs, chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, white fudge and three different pies for Christmas day (which all turned out TERRIBLE!!!!!!! Seriously, not sure what happened with the pies, but they were truly terrible.) If you would like any of the recipes I used just let me know (well, I'm sure not the pie recipes, though I've used all those recipes numerous time...still befuddles me...), and I'll be happy to pass them on! The cookies were a huge hit, and I'm sure I sufficiently aided in the added pounds of many! :)


Molasses: my husband said they were the best, a perfect blend of crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Recipe from my coworker and friend, M.


Working Woman's sugar cookie: simply make into a ball and dip in sugar then bake. Saves TONS of time. However, next year I will try to ice some of them! :)


White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal: I thought my husband was going to die when he had one (several) of these. I believe they have become his new favorite cookie. He said the combination of the tartness from the cranberry, the sweetness of the white chocolate and the texture of the oatmeal made this cookie! (Recipe can be found on the Craisins package.)


Chocolate Chocolate Chip: YUM! YUM! YUM! I forgot I had this recipe (from my sister). Next time I will double the recipe as it doesn't make that many and they go fast! A GREAT way to fix a chocolate craving! YUM-O!

4 comments:

Lisa's Cocina said...

I just did my holiday baking LAST WEEKEND (!!) so I sympathize with late posts and "being behind"!
You're cookies look so delicious!!!! What happened with your pies? Was it the recipe in general, or the crust? I made a 5-spice sweet potato pie and had a huge crust disaster with it :-(

Ruthie said...

well, now you've gone and got me craving cookies. Thanks a lot! :)

Jeni said...

Lisa, I have NO idea what happened with the pies. I made a pumpkin, using the Libby canned pumpking, as I have done countless times. It was so salty you couldn't eat it!!!!! My bruiseberry (rasp, blue and black berries :) ) was a watery mess, also have made this several times. I was so frustrated! The chocolate cream was OK, but not great. NO IDEA what happened! but, the family was gracious and laughed at, I mean with, me! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy!
love,
mom