1. Since she is 11 months now we have decided to forgo giving her 1 food at a time for 4 days before introducing something new. The reason being because we've introduced the main allergy ones (egg, wheat, grains in general) and she's done fine with them. Also, with her being so sick this winter I haven't introduced as much as I should have. So, we're just feeding her pretty much whatever and she's LOVING it!!! This week she had her fast taste of pizza, bread with jelly, cinnamon toast, bread with hummus and cantaloupe! She loves it all. It's almost like she's saying, "Hey guys! You've been holding out on me!" :)
2. With the new introduction of food we decided it was also time to get rid of 2 of her bottles during the day. We didn't want her to quit cold turkey, so we thought we would just wean her off one this week and the other next week. Well, she had other ideas and has gone from 4 bottles a day to just her morning-when-she-gets-up bottle and going-to-bed bottle in a week! Who knew it would be so easy??? I am, of course not complaining as I was getting tired of washing the bottles... :)
3. SHE'S WALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should be all I have to say about that, but I'll go on a little bit more...She took her first step on TH and I missed it. :( I was very sad about this, but so excited that she had reached this milestone! Now, every day we practice with her and she is improving, getting more and more brave to walk more steps at a time. I think the most she's done so far on her own is 5-6. She is great at standing though and has even "danced" while standing and has been able to bend over and pick stuff up w/out holding on to anything. This is so much fun!
4. It's also becoming quite clear that she no longer needs/wants 2 naps a day, so this transition isn't so fun or easy but just another indication she's moving from baby-hood to pre-toddler! WOW!!! She's really not much of a baby anymore, huh?
5. She LOVES to read. We see her often going to her books, sitting down and "reading" them herself. It's so cute! She also likes to be read to and we're all enjoying that!
Well, in 20 days our little Cora will be a big girl at the age of 1! Can you believe it? I sure can't! She is so much fun and such a sweet little girl. It's so much fun watching her personality grow and develop. She is such a treat and we're so thankful the Lord gave her to us!
2 comments:
Sure has been a week! What fun. Can't wait to see her in person and see all her new skills. Love you Cora Ann!!!
She sure is a sweet baby girl.
I love her so much.
Can't wait to see her soon!
love,
mom
Post a Comment