Monday, April 19, 2010

Columbus or Bust!

Well, I've done it! I've turned in my 2 weeks' notice to my job here at Hillsdale College. It's been a good job for me/us, and I will miss my coworkers. However, I will not miss Hillsdale. It's been a trying 4+ years since we moved here. We were just newly married (2 weeks!), moved up to Michigan, a place neither of us had ever been. We had no idea what to expect when we moved up here. We were excited, full of promise and hope, and eager to see what all we would be doing. Our bubble was burst pretty quickly and well, life was has been a challenge. But, I've blogged enough about those challenges--you can read through my archives if you wish! No need to bog us down with that now!!!

We have decided to take the plunge and move to Columbus, OH where my MIL and her new husband live. We had originally thought we would move into an apt (see blog from last week), but due to neither of us having jobs places won't accept us, even though the money is not an issue. So, we'll be living with my MIL and her husband while we look for jobs. We're moving on faith here, folks. Not an easy thing to do. We are reminded that faith is all about not knowing what is in store but trusting the Lord to take care of us anyway. So, we move. We move to a new state, a new city and though we might not be as naive this time, I would say we have a different kind of hope. We know God will continue to care for us, as he has all along, and we know that in time David will find a job and we'll be able to get to some semblance of order--whatever that is! :)

We have a busy 2 weeks ahead of us!!!! We have to get our mail changed, call dr offices for record management, deal with the bank, call trash, TV, Internet and cancel all of those. We also have to pack, get a moving company to help us move and clean the house so it's ready for the next family! Phew!!!! I'm tired...We plan to make May 3 moving day! I'm excited, and just a little nervous (or nervous and just a little excited, not entirely sure), but I hold to the fact that God loves us and is caring for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!
love,
mom