Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Very Lady Bug Party

We had Cora's second party this past weekend at my parent's house. This one was her "official" party, with a lady bug theme! We had a great time! My parents were there, Cora's aunt and uncle and cousins as well as a great aunt/uncle, 2nd cousins and 1 3rd cousin! We had a houseful and had so much fun! I made pulled pork sandwiches and a cake. I have photos below of the festivities. I have to say, though, that I am most proud of the cake! It turned out better than I had hoped and I had so much fun making it!!!!! However, the day was spectacular, getting to celebrate our little girl for a 2nd time!

The cake




We were invaded by lady bugs!


Nothing like getting a little help from your cousin!



She loved being sung to


She was, of course, more interested in the cards then the gifts!


She tolerated the hat long enough to get this photo


I just love her!


Daddy and the Birthday Girl


My BIL's b-day was the day we had the party, so we made him put a hat on and we sang to him too! :)


The Princess


Mommy and the Birthday Girl

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

That was a great cake! - and a fun party! Cora is so blessed.

Ruthie said...

oh, i've meant to tell you i love the picture in your header of Cora in the swing! What a cutie! :) and, since we've both done some pretty cool cakes i thought maybe we ought to open a business - maybe, "Sisters of Sweetness?" :)

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun at the party.
What a great memory!
You and Ruthie should go into the cake business!
love,
mom