Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There's just no pleasing us!

We complain when it's winter and we're cold...



...so God gives us spring and summer and we complain because it's HOT...



...so He sends us the rain to cool us off and we complain because it's raining.


I guess we just can't be pleased. How aggravated God must get with us sometimes. Every year I try not to complain about the winter. If we didn't have winter we wouldn't have a beautiful spring. I try not to complain during spring when it rains a lot. If it didn't rain we wouldn't get to see all the green grass and plants coming to life. I try not to complain during the heat of summer (somehow forgetting I hated being cold during the winter). And I try not to complain during the fall with complaints of "winter is coming too fast this year!" We are a fickle people, aren't we? I guess as fall comes this year I need to remember not to complain but remember there is a reason for all these seasons and I should "simply" marvel at the beauty God creates in each of them.

3 comments:

Sue and Bill said...

I marvel at the complaints of many FB friends and think the same thing - we complain no matter what! . . . an yes there is a reason for the seasons!!! Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

You are right!
love,
mom