Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trust, trust, trust, trust, trust, trust...

It seems we never have to stop trusting doesn't it? It's not a bad thing, but just when we think we have that lesson learned and can check it off the list we find we haven't fully learned that lesson and must continue learning. This is OK, really. I mean if we figure we don't have to trust we find we don't have a need for God any longer.

When David resigned from Bankers we didn't know the economy would tank and it would be a good 22 months before we found ourselves serving in another church. We have had to trust the Lord for so much from emotional needs to financial needs. And, guess what? The Lord provided for all of them. Well, he provided MIGHTILY.

When we had to leave our temporary home in Osseo and had no idea where to go we had to trust God knew where we were going to go and that he had just the right place for us. He did--we moved into my MIL's house and have had a great time here! We've been able to become part of a wonderful church which has aided us in healing from the hurts we had.

And now, David has been offered the pastorate at First Baptist Church in Bedford, OH we can't stop trusting! We have to pray and trust the Lord to let us gain favor of the congregation so they vote YES for David. We can't stop trusting and praying. We have a lot of details to work through for this move too. We don't know yet where we'll live, we don't yet have health insurance and we don't know yet, well, a lot of things. There are many times during the day when I start to fret and worry and then remember that God has brought us this far he's surely not going to stop providing. I just have to trust.

I hope I never get to the point in my life where I think I no longer need to trust. That would be a very sad day. It would mean, to me, that I no longer need the Lord and think I can do it on my own. I hope that day never comes. What are you trusting the Lord for today?

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I guess that is what faith is all about, trusting when we can't actually see or know what's coming or how we'll get there. Some day, when we are in heaven and our faith is made sight, what a glorious day that will be!

Trusting God for so much in this season.

Anonymous said...

Great Jeni! Trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus!
love,
mom