I don't know if you've seen the Disney movie, "Nemo," but if you have you have to love the blue fish, Dory. She's the ditz of the movie, the comic relief and apparently, according to my friend S and her husband A, I am like her. :) Not entirely sure what that means, but I don't mind! :) At least I'm not being compared to one of the sharks! :) :) :) Anyway, there's a part in the movie where Dory says, "Keep swimming, just keep swimming." That's how I feel. I would say the baby is still swimming, but at this point she's so tight inside that I really don't think there's much room for swimming! But, I have to keep telling myself to "just keep swimming." No, not literally, figuratively!!! I'm now in my 39th week of pregnany, yes, almost 10 months pregnant, and I have to keep telling myself to "just keep swimming." I'm tired, weary, sore, in pain sometimes and well, just ready to have this child, see her, hug her and hold her. However, I know there is an end in sight and I know I won't be pregnant forever.
If I don't go before, then I will be getting induced on Wed, the 25th in the evening. There has been much discussion as to whether or not this is a good thing to do, but David and I feel confident that it is. I have been told by my Dr. that I have a very tight pelvis and the baby is probably, at this point, closer to 9 lbs. He is afraid that the longer she is inside gaining weight it'll be even harder for her to come out naturally, thus increasing my chances for a c-section. This is something I'm trying to avoid, so with prayer and discussion David and I feel this is the best route to take. Yes, we're still praying the baby decides to come out before Wed, but we trust our Dr and know he is giving us the best advice he can for this situation. I've been doing "natural" things to try to get stuff started. Taking walks, cleaning, and tomorrow I'll be getting a massage done. There are pressure points on the body that are known for inducing labor and my massage therapist (who is a very well-educated woman in all things massage therapy-related) will be doing her best. :) I went to see her a few months ago and she had to be careful to NOT induce labor, however this time, no need! I know things are happening. I'm 2 cm dilated, I've been having "test run" contractions and the baby's movement has slowed down. Although, she was VERY active last night and I asked David if he supposed she was getting ready for the great descent? We can only hope!!
Everyone else is getting ready too. My mom and sister have their bags packed. They'll be the 1st to be here as my sister is acting as a doula for David and I. Mom will be here to watch our niece and nephew so my sister can be fully devoted to helping us! Then, David's parents will be close to follow, and I really hope my dad and brother-in-law will be able to come up soon too. Have I mentioned that this weekend would be PERFECT for the baby to come? :) Well, if she's anything like her mom and dad she already has a mind of her own and will come when she darn well pleases! :) We're ready at the house. Due to being exhausted my sister recommended that I stop nesting, so I'm making David do the nesting for me! :) He's a trooper and has been throughout this whole pregnancy. I have no idea how I would've survived without him. He deserves a great big medal!!!! But, he's finishing stuff up today for me, which I'm very much thankful for!!! I think we've done all we can to be "ready." We're now just waiting!!!!
Maybe my next blog entry will be titled--SHE'S HERE! Wouldn't that be great???
5 comments:
i can't wait!!! you know, sperm has protaglandins in it and those are what are needed to get your cervix ready for labor... just saying... have you tried, ahem, everything?? ;) sorry, you're probably going to kill me for leaving such a comment. :)
You're right!!!! I AM going to kill you, after the baby is born! Then, I shall keeeeel you! :) Brother...Unless David gets to you first!
I love your blog, Jeni and I am still laughing at Ruthie Elisabeth and you! My girls!
love,
mom
Ruthie your suggestion is much better than mine! Have you tried hitting yourself on the head?? Grandpa sent this funny story about a little boy sitting on the potty hitting himself on the head. His dad asked why he was doing such a thing and he said, "when mom hits the ketchup bottle like this it comes out and I thought if I hit my head "it" would come out!!! Hope you are laughing. I'll keep praying. Love you!
Now I think the suggestions are just getting silly! :) I am laughing, Aunt Cathy! :) I just might get desperate enough! :)
Post a Comment