Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ode to My Best Friend

I meant to write this earlier today...

Today is my Honey's birthday. David is celebrating 29 years of life and I'm so happy to be celebrating with him. We didn't do much today. With money being tight we've had to be a bit more creative in our gift ideas for each other. But, I made him chocolate chip cookies (at his request using Ghirardelli chips) and we went to Jackson to have lunch. I love my husband and am so glad to be married to him. We were just saying the other day how it's hard to imagine that we've been together for only 4 years (as in when we met, we've been married for 3 yrs). Neither of us can imagine what life was like w/out the other. It's simply amazing!! And, it's been wonderful! Every day I love this man more and more. He's a wonderful husband and wonderful dad. He makes me laugh, challenges me to be a better person, comforts me when I'm sad. He's passionate about life and isn't satisfied with staying just "as is" but strives to be a better person. I love how he knows so much about so many things. We often scratch our heads and wonder how he knows some of the things he does--from movies and music to theology and how to cook meat. In any case, he has proven to be a good source of knowledge for the important and the not-so-important! :) My life has only become better for knowing this man. I thank the Lord every day for him and am especially thankful today, on his birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID! I love you!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Happy Birthday Brother-in-Law!!! :) Glad you've been blessed to marry your best friend Jeni!

Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday David

love, mom carol