Tuesday, January 5, 2010

36 Years Ago...


...Rick Reynolds married Carol Russell. The two became one and had two daughters, Jennifer Lee and Ruth Elisabeth. Rick and Carol moved their daughters to "deep, darkest Africa" where the family lived for 8 years. They have lived in IN, OH, TN, CA, Quebec, Switzerland, Congo and wherever they have lived they have lived their life to the fullest and with the Lord as the center. They brought up their daughters with Christ in the midst and have taught their daughters how to love and be loved. Rick and Carol are an example to all of what a marriage is to be--not perfect, but full of love and centered on Christ. They are an example of generosity, making people feel comfortable and at home in their house. They are servants in their church, in their family, and in their work. Their never-ending love for each other is one that has touched many lives and will continue to do so.


Today, 36 years ago, my parents, Rick and Carol (Russell) Reynolds were married. I have much to say about them and the marriage example they have set for my sister and I, but I'll leave it with this: they love the Lord first and each other second, and I believe this is the formula to their successful marriage.


I love you Mom and Dad!!


Happy 36th Anniversary!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Honey!
love,
mom

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful, Jeni. I think those things but can't put them to pen like you do. God bless all of you!!!!

Ruthie said...

So thankful for Mom and Dad today!!!!