Thursday, February 11, 2010

No good, horrible, rotton, terrible, just plain awful...

...week! I thought about writing a blog on how terrible my week has been--since it has been in a lot of ways. However, I thought I would put that silver lining on the bad things instead! The good will be in silver! :) So, here ya go!

1. I got sick. I went to the dr and got some meds and am feeling much better now!

2. I got a speeding ticket. The cop only charged me for going 5 mph over rather than what I was really doing...

3. I had to be at work on Tuesday until 7:00 p.m., meaning I spent about 20 minutes total that day with Cora. She won't remember, and she was with her Daddy, whom she loves very much! And, I'm thankful it doesn't happen all the time.

4. I have been terrible about fixing dinner. OK, I haven't fixed dinner at all this week. We've done McDonald's and pizza and leftovers. I have a husband who loves me and knew that work was extra crazy this week and was understanding and didn't complain when I set the "slop" in front of him! (except the leftovers, they weren't slop, just leftovers! :) )

5. We have a creature of some kind living in our house (other then the usual 3 humans and 1 dog). We don't know what it is, but we have heard it in the living room in the heating duct, and then last night in the kitchen under one of the cupboards. I have a husband how diligently set the trap for us and hopefully we'll catch the little bugger yet!

Well, there you have it--my attempt at making a terrble week a little less awful! How has your week been?

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Similarly rough, but for very different reasons! Oh well, tis life. God is still good, thankfully! and I'm trying desperately to just lean into Him. Love you guys.

Ruthie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you have had such a hard week. I love you lots.
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

sorry about the tough week. Speeding tickets are no fun, but the really bad parts of the week are that you got sick and that you didn't get to spend as much time with Cora as you'd like. Just remember that a lot of people love you, such as me.

Love,

Momma, Grandma, Charlotte. Mom (pick the one you want to call me)