Friday, February 18, 2011

It's the Little Things

We are currently in WV where we will be celebrating David's grandparent's 70th wedding anniversary at a party for them on Sunday (that seemed unnecessarily complicated to say). We came down TH so we could spend some extra time with his dad and step mom as well as have plenty of visiting time with his mom's side of the family. The weather is BEAUTIFUL and when we get home I'll write more and share photos of our time here. Today I wanted to tell you of some relief David and I are experiencing.

You see, at our previous church we truly never knew if when we returned from trips to see family if David would have a job. We were laying in bed last night and David mentioned how nice it is to know that we are in such a church that we know no one is plotting against us, that David's job is totally secure and we have no need to have added stress while visiting family. I told him I had been thinking the exact same things all day! Unless you have been in a similar situation I suppose you can't fully get how wonderful it is, but let me tell you, it's LIBERATING! God is so good to us and we're just so thankful he's seen fit to place us where he has.

Now, we can just enjoy family! :)

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

i can't imagine the stress of all of that. yuck! so glad God has delivered you from that place and situation. have fun and enjoy the weather!

Anonymous said...

Have fun sweet Jeni!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for that previous experience. It hurts my heart. Love you guys. Janice