So, I don't know if the rest of you struggle with what to feed your family for lunch, but I sure do! See, my husband was brought up that if it wasn't "hot" it wasn't considered a meal, and I was brought up on "cold" pb and j, or other such sandwiches. Oddly enough, this has caused some tension over the years. Nothing serious, of course, but I guess more a differing of opinions! :) We have been able to agree that leftovers are just fine to eat at lunch, and occasionally I can get my husband to eat a sandwich, that isn't hot! :) We're not huge lunchmeat people and David is allergic to nuts so these pose quite the difficulties! :) In any case, we do agree on one such "sandwich" that is all hot, nutritious, quick and easy to prepare! :) I made it the other day and thought I would pass it on. I can't take credit, though. This was introduced to me by a dear friend years ago.
Open-faced Tuna Sandwich
1 can tuna, drained
add as much mayo or mustard to make tuna salad
sliced tomato (as much as you like, I usually do 2 slices per piece of bread)
basil
cheese (shredded or sliced, whatever kind you like!)
--Get out as many slices of bread you need, put on desired amount of tuna salad on each slice; add tomatoes; sprinkle with basil; top with cheese.
--Put in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes and enjoy! :)
Both hot and nutritious! :) Everyone is happy--an added bonus! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment