Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Weekend of Girls


As I mentioned in a post last week, this past weekend I had a wonderful time visiting and reconnecting with some wonderful friends--Heather, Sherry and Amy are all sisters and my sister, Ruthie. Ruthie had meant to come be with us on Friday evening for the "sleepover" we were to be having, but due to being sick was not able to do so. :( However, she did make it Saturday morning and stayed all day, leaving all too soon after supper.

I tire easily so I had been mentally preparing for a weekend of being tired and busy. But, I don't know why I was worried. I should've known I would not be left to do it all on my own and these dear women all helped with everything, including helping me sift through all of my baby clothes to find anything that could be worn by a boy! What a blessing!!!

We spent our time talking, talking and talking some more. It had been years, as I mentioned in my previous post, and all we wanted to do, I believe, was talk. We laughed a ton too! :) We laughed and laughed and laughed. :) It was so refreshing, encouraging, uplifting. I think we all needed it and we were not happy to part ways, though I know they all missed their kiddos and hubbies! :)

We parted with promises of doing this at least once a year, and I hope we can see each other more often than that! :) We shall see, life happens and marches on, but I do believe we will make great efforts to not let more than a year go between visits.

The photo above is 1 of 5 I got. I mean, honestly, we were "just" talking and that's not interesting to anyone else! :) But, that's OK. We have scads of ridiculous and silly photos in our archives, so it was A-OK to not add to those. :)

I love these women. They have each had a part in shaping me and making me into who I am today. I hope you, too, are blessed to have friends like these. If you do, treasure them for they are treasures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you girls got together!
love,
mom

Ruthie said...

What a blessing that was! Can't wait until the next time.

RaD said...

I like your little baby count down clock on your left side-bar.