Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Crazy Weekend

It seems we have been doing a fantastic job at making sure our weekends are jam-packed with many activities, leaving us exhausted on Monday. This past weekend was no exception. My sister and BIL are trying to get some "minor" (HA!) home improvements done so they can put their house up for sale in a month. On Saturday my dad and David went down to their town to help my BIL demo their kitchen and the plan was to put it back together on Saturday too. Something about the best laid plans? :) Well, as we all know things never go as planned when it comes to construction, things went a bit slower, and my BIL and dad had to finish up a lot on Sunday. Cora and I spent Saturday at my parent's house, and I did my best to help my mom watch the kids. We were joined later in the afternoon by my sister and Sophia. We had supper and waited for our menfolk to return later in the evening. They were all exhausted, and we all parted ways shortly after their return to my parent's house.

Sunday was a crazy day for the Hardin family. We had planned weeks ago to take our niece, Sophia, to see "Peter and the Wolf" and she spent the night on Saturday as the concert was early afternoon on Sunday. David's mom and step dad came up for church with the purpose of watching Cora while we and Sophia went to the concert. Church was good (a bit more activity during the service then usual) and we were then off to lunch and the concert. The concert was EXCELLENT, and I do believe Sophia had a wonderful time! We returned to our house to find my in-laws, Cora, my sister and her 2 other kids waiting for us! We had a wild, crazy and good time the rest of the afternoon, pizza for supper and then wrangling all the kids into p.j.s. I fell into bed exhausted and spent but thankful for a good weekend with family. How was your weekend???

2 comments:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Hi Jeni - Sounds like a super fun family weekend! I promise I did not copy your background for my background, just happened that way! Great minds and all that maybe?
I have enjoyed reading your blog and your life resonates with my experiences in many ways. Look forward to knowing you better. Isn't God good when He puts people together?
Susie

Ruthie said...

Sophia had an excellent time! Thank you so much for letting her have some special time with her Auntie and Uncle. Thank you also for lending your hubby to help us out. love you.