Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stream of Thoughts

Cora has taken to tumbling. Guess we need to invest in bandaids! Sunday she went down a slide (the very same slide she broke her leg on in October!!!), and when she hit the bend, it flipped her over on her belly, which meant she banged her head on the bend. She started screaming and I knew it was more than just a bump. As I'm hobbling off the playground (imagine over-stuffed bug) to get to her David tells me she's bleeding. Indeed, blood is coming from her nose and mouth. Sigh...she was essentially fine, but has a small bruise above her eyebrow and some scraps on her upper lip. We will no longer be using that slide...Sunday we were at our neighbor's house and Cora was running around with their daughters. She trips, falls and scraps/skins up both legs/knees. Blood is running but she was tough and didn't shed a tear. She even refused a Tinker Bell bandaid! :) Monday she and I were on our way out the door and I'm not sure how it happened, but suddenly I see her tumbling down the porch stairs. I let out a scream, David comes running and I realize she somehow stopped on the 2nd step, rather than going head long down all of them. I was SO THANKFUL!!!! No blood this time, but she did scrap her arm and I later noticed she bruised/banged/scraped her chin pretty badly. Oh, I don't know if I can handle this all summer long!!!!! :)

We seem to be thawing out up here in northern Ohio. Can I just tell you how THANKFUL I am???? Our neighbor's yards are producing lots of lovely daffodils, tulips, etc. Our yard, however could use some help! Though the sellers of the house put in some good, hearty bushes, there were no bulbs planted. That's OK. I will enjoy telling my mom and sister where to plant stuff (because bending over just isn't happening right now! :) ). I definitely want to plant bulbs in the fall though so next spring we have green goodness popping up too! :)

My new washer and dryer should be arriving tomorrow!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! The washer and dryer we have are (is?) not old--only 5ish years. However, we have found that they must have been lemons when we bought them because they have never worked well. we weren't planning to get something new so soon, but Lowe's was having a sale on Samsung front loaders we couldn't pass up and so, we bought them and they'll be here tomorrow! I can't wait to do my first load of laundry in them! I also can't wait to not have to do laundry all day long, as it takes me now! Yep, it takes my dryer TWO HOURS to do 1 load of drying. Brother! And, to make this all that much better, my dad and David will be running plumbing from the basement to the main floor of the house so the laundry can be up here!! I'm not sure what I'm more excited about--the new washer/dryer or the fact that our laundry will not longer be in the basement.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant this week! :) No, I can't believe that I have only 11 weeks until my due date. This means the baby could be here BEFORE then, and yes, I'm well aware it could be longer (but let's not think that way, K?). We have our to-do list and are slowly getting it done. I guess if it doesn't all get done that'll be OK too. As long as the fence gets put up in the back yard and the laundry gets moved up to the main floor I don't care about the rest. I have my next midwife appointment on Tuesday and thus will then start my appointments every 2 weeks (for 3 appts) and then we'll move to 1 appt a week!!! How has this gone so fast??????????? How are we at this point already???????

Next week starts Holy Week. It'll be a crazy, chaotic week for the pastor's family. I hope we're able to find some time to reflect on what this week means to our salvation. I hope we don't lose site of what Christ did for us on the cross so long ago. What will you be doing to prepare?

No comments: