Well, I've noticed that my blogs have been rather depressing as of late. I apologize, to you, my readers! I guess it shows you how down, sick, discouraged, etc. I've been feeling. But! Time for some better news!!!!
I think I am out of the "weeks of death" as I have come to call my 1st trimester. My husband thinks I'm being melodramatic, but that's only because he's never been pregnant! :) There were days I truly did feel at death's door. Phew!!! Glad that seems to be over! I don't feel perfect, but I do feel much better and am able to eat more, which is a HUGE improvement! I was even able to dust and vacuum this weekend!!!!! I feel very proud of myself for that accomplishment! I should be about 15 weeks this week. It's amazing to me the development that has happened so far in this little person's life. He/she has fingerprints, can frown, is moving around (I felt it move yesterday!!!), has a gender and is about the size of a lemon! WOW!! A lot has happened in it's short 15-week life. I go for my next appt today, which David and I are both very much excited for. We'll have another ultrasound, which will be so cool!!
Church was very encouraging yesterday. David did a different thing during our usual praise/prayer time. We were to find someone we didn't know too well, share a prayer request and pray for each other. It wasn't but a few minutes, but it was a special time and he only heard good comments about it! After church we had a prayer time FOR the church led by one of our deacons. We weren't expecting many to participate but had 20 people there!!!! Truly amazing! God wants to do big things in this church if they'll just let him. No hand grenades from the trouble-makers, which always makes for a much better Sunday. Thank you Jesus for that!!!
Today we get a dishwasher put in the house (parsonage)!!!!!!! I couldn't be more excited about that! Woohoo!!! Someone in the church asked what we would like to have and I immediately said a dishwasher, she took it to the trustees and well, they approved it and we're getting it installed today. I'm so happy!! This will be such a huge help! No more dishpan hands! :) :)
I hope you are feeling encouraged in the Lord today. He is a great God, even when life is throwing us lemons. I'm so thankful for his faithfulness.
1 comment:
So glad you are feeling better!!!
Also good to hear that things are better at church. I continue to pray for you, David, and baby Hardin! Boy, girl, or suprise????
Love, Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment