Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Angels

"He's got His angels watchin' over me, every step I take! Angels watchin' over meeeeeeee!!" There's some old school Amy Grant for ya! :) How true this song is! Yesterday, I was doing laundry, in the basement, when I hear a thud, thud, thud and see Squiggy, Cora's singing seahorse, come down the stairs followed by CORA!!!!!!!!! I dropped what I was doing and ran the few steps to her, scooped her up and somehow flew up the stairs. I was terrified! This all took a few seconds and in those seconds I computed the following: She's screaming--good; she's not bleeding--good; she's not passing out--good; nothing seems to be broken, we'll assess that in a minute--good. I called David to come home right away (we only have 1 vehicle), got ice because she kept holding her chin and then called my sister to see if I should take her to the dr. I have no idea how much time all of this took--probably less than 10 minutes--but it felt like an eternity. What I found out was Cora was/is perfectly fine. She tumbled down the stairs and her chin is a little skinned, didn't even bleed. Within the first 10 minutes of it all I was able to assess that nothing was broken because she wanted to walk around and gather up some toys. I think we were both very frightened and we just hugged and hung on to each other for a while. I am PRAISING the Lord she is OK! I'm PRAISING the Lord she landed feet first on the concrete basement floor and not on her head. I'm PRAISING the Lord nothing is broken, there was no blood, and that she didn't pass out. I'm still shaking some because I keep thinking of the "what ifs" but I'm just so thankful for the Lord's protection on Cora. My MIL and her husband came to visit us too yesterday (arriving about 15 min after it all happened) and she reminded me that this sort of thing will happen again. I then had the thought, "yep, it sure will! We're having a boy!" :) Lord, give me the strength!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad she's okay! We had a wonderful time yesterday. Can't wait to do it again.

Ruthie said...

so glad she's okay! it's so scary when they get hurt!

Anonymous said...

Praise our wonderful Lord.
love,
mom

laughwithusblog said...

Oh those times are so scary. I'm glad all worked out fine.

Sarah said...

Hi there,

I'm Sarah, and a fellow PW. I've run across your blog online and really enjoyed reading through your posts. :) I lead a blog for younger (under 45) PWs called CLUTCH. (http://www.clutchtalk.blogspot.com).

We keep a blogroll of great PW blogs on our site, and I was wondering if you'd mind if we linked to yours? Also, we're always on the lookout for great guest posts, or to re-post top quality articles from other PW bloggers... :)

Anyway, just wanted to write you and let you know how much I enjoyed your posts. Hope you have a great weekend and a blessed week,

Sarah

Jeni said...

Hello Sarah! I would love for you to link my blog! I don't know how great it is, but if you've enjoyed it and think other PWs would, sure! Thank you for thinking my blog might be of help/encouragement to other women! I look forward to checking out your blog!