I have thought many times since becoming a mother how thankful I am that I'm not a single mom. I know a few women who have been, or are currently, single moms, and I just don't know how they do it on a daily basis. During both of my pregnancies I don't know how I would have gotten through them without David. When Cora was born (and I'm sure it'll be the same with her brother) I would have been totally lost without him. During the day I suppose I'm a bit of a single parent. I mean, David's not here, he's at work. However, the difference is that I always know he'll be home at supper time and there are days that just knowing this simple truth gets me through the day.
So, to all of you single moms--past or present--good job to you! I know you don't have it easy, and I know you're doing the best you can! Press on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment