I'm 38 weeks today! I keep telling myself that with each day and week I'm just that much closer to the day! :) Since last week I've had some pretty hard, on the verge of painful (because I've been through labor I know these aren't TRULLY painful yet!) contractions. Some have been waking me up at night. Alas, no baby yet! The crib is put together, all baby things have been washed, we have acquired a bouncy seat to borrow, the hospital bag is packed with most stuff. I'm keeping up on the laundry and grocery shopping as much as possible. My mom continues to come up and help me keep the house clean. We're ready, man! C'mon baby!!
I am trying really hard to just live life to the best of my ability. I've been spending a lot of time in prayer, reading Scripture, just resting in the Lord. I have my moments of nerves and "panic," which I hope are normal. I'm trying really, really hard not to let those moments become controlling or take over. I've been pretty successful. I keep telling myself that birth is happening whether I'm ready or not. This baby has to come out at some point whether all of my mental ducks are in a row. And, I keep telling myself how much nicer it would be if I wasn't in a state of panic when it happened! So, I continually give my fears over to the Lord and ask for his help and just go about my day as well as possible. I mean, isn't that what we're supposed to do anyway?
And so, we begin week 38 with hopes that this baby boy will make his appearance this week, but also knowing if he doesn't the Good Lord has his reasons!
2 comments:
Keep your eye on the prize! I can NOT wait to get THE call! :) I love you and am proud of you.
Hopefully the second time around will be a little easier. Try to cherish every last kick, b/c before you know it you will be shopping for school supplies. The days are long, but the years are short!
Post a Comment