Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let the Waiting Begin

Today I am full term!!!! I'm 37 weeks now and that is what "they" consider full term, meaning it's perfectly OK and safe for the baby to come now! After all the scare of delivery too early I'm much relieved that this day has come. I keep telling myself that now that this time has come Baby Sprout will take his jolly time! :) At my appointment today it was found that I'm 1 1/2 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and the baby is at -1 with his head very securely down on the cervix! Things are happening!!!!

I have felt the insatiable need to "nest." What a strange instinct, huh? I mean really. I'm large, can hardly move around, can't really bend over and yet all I want to do is make the house spic-n-span and make sure everything is in it's place and that we're all set and ready to go. I mean, you'd think the baby would show up NOW at the rate I'm going. Maybe nesting is God's way of helping us fill our days of waiting. My guess is he knows how uncomfortable we are (I mean, he did design us to do this) and so he gives us the need to stay busy. It must look funny for a ginormous waddling woman as she scurries about the house doing this, that and the other. But, I don't care!!! I'm ready for this baby to come and the more active I am the more chance of starting labor and the sooner I get to meet this wee babe!

I'm cleaning, sorting, nagging my husband to get ridiculous chores done (it seems we can't get enough "trash" out of the house!) and all the while I just don't think anything is done! HA! HA! HA! After the baby comes I suppose I'll be too tired to do anything so maybe part of the nesting is a good thing so the house has a head start. My husband will be sure to let me know LATER (after the hormones calm down) how silly I was. I don't really care--this house needs help!!!!!


1 comment:

Ruthie said...

nesting is a funny thing, but so productive! :)