Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is my dad's birthday, and I wanted to write a blog for him. I probably do it every year and there probably isn't much variation in what I say, but I don't really care. I think it bears repeating the wonderful man who is my father. My dad is generous, loving, kind, slow to become angry, quick to listen, handy with any tool you give him, seems able to fix everything, is near-genious, loves his family and loves God more. Because of my dad I knew it was OK not to date a 100 guys just to have someone's arm to hang on but knew that the right one was out there, and I just needed to wait. Plus, my future husband had a lot to live up to since my dad was/is such a great example of what a husband/father should be. My dad is one of the most honest people I know and full of integrity. My dad never wanted there to even be a hint of wrong-doing and raised my sister and I to be the same way and expect the same from others. My dad is a selfless man. A perfect example is how in the past few months he has given of himself on nights and weekends to help us out and my sister and BIL with different projects in our homes. He doesn't complain, just comes, helps and does so cheerfully. My dad not only loves my mom, sister and I but has taken in my husband and BIL like they are his own sons and in turn loves his 5 grandchildren. If you don't know my dad, I'm sorry! You're missing out on knowing a wonderful man. And, if you do know my dad then you know what I say is true.

Happy Birthday Dad! Thank you for being a wonderful example of what a husband, father and follower of Christ is supposed to be! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
love,
mom

Ruthie said...

yeppers! we got ourselves a good one!