I thought I remembered every single detail about Cora's newborn state but have found I've forgotten many things. Must be the exhaustion, or the fact that your child grows and changes so much that the "mundane" things get forgotten. In any case here are some of the things I am being reminded of now that Ben is with us. I forgot:
1. The insane exhaustion you feel.
2. How hard it is to get a newborn to eat in a "timely" fashion due to them falling asleep so easily.
3. How much a newborn's skin peels in their first month or so.
4. All of their grunting and other adorable noises.
5. How snugly they are and how much they just love to be held.
6. How many diapers you go through in a day with a newborn--so much less with an older child!
7. How quickly they can go from content to hungry--pretty instantaneous!
8. How quickly they grow from day to day--literally!
9. How much they can spit up.
10. How much you can love a little person you've only known for such a short time.
11. I forgot just how much they sleep during the day!
1 comment:
But they grow up so fast!
love,
mom
Post a Comment