Friday, May 16, 2008

Live from New York!

Howdy!  I'm sitting here in a lovely hotel room in the bustling city of New York!  We have already taken pictures of a pigeon hanging out on the sill or our hotel room window, taken pix outside our bedroom window.  Our hotel room is more like a small apt.  We're actually wondering if this building used to be an apt building because our "room" has a living room, kitchen (complete with stove, dishwasher and fridge), bedroom and bathroom.  It's pretty cool!  We almost wish we were staying here all week! :)  Tomorrow we're headed to the Grand Hyatt (ta ta!) for the conference, which is why we're here! :)  I'm sure the Grand Hyatt will be fabulous too! :)  

Our first evening was spent at a Brazilian steakhouse (David has a thing for meat) and rather than pay for another taxi we walked back to the hotel--about 1 1/2 miles.  Oh, did I mention it was raining? :)  We were having so much fun I don't think we even noticed!  We crossed Broadway, Park Ave, 5th Ave.  Wow!! It's hard to describe the enormity of this city.  I'll try to post a couple pictures.  Certainly, of the pigeon! :)  We deemed him the god-pigeon--he was HUGE! :)  

I must go for now.  More from NYC later!

No comments: