David and I have realized that just because we live in the parsonage by the church doesn't mean people still don't do strange things in front of the church or the house, or our fellowship hall--as though there's no one there to see. We always have folks turning around or stopping to talk on their phone, or to ask us for directions--this happens daily. We had a lady strung out on drugs and alcohol once, called the cops, had 3 cop cars, 1 ambulance, a narcotics car and K9 unit all in our little parking lot late at night. We've called the police on kids who are in the field across from the church (belongs to the church) who had pounding music going at 2am! But, nothing was so funny as what we saw last night at 11:00!!! Yes, at 11:00. It seems the strange always come out late at night! :)
We're getting ready for bed, Molly's outside doing her thing, I'm in the batheroom doing mine and David is upstairs. He yells down not to go outside as there was a van and people parked in front of the church and he didn't want me out there getting the dog, just in case they were up to no good. So, I waited, and waited and finally asked if he would just go get Molly or go out with me. He promptly says, "No! I don't want to miss the show!" To which I'm instantly curious as to what's going on outside! I ran to the office window just in time to see a huge van drive off with a queen-sized mattress on the top. Ok, odd, yes, but what did I really miss? David comes down, we get Molly and he proceeds to tell me what he saw. When he looked out the window he saw a VERY LARGE woman walking along the van with the box springs to a queen-sized bed on top of her head and was proceeding to try to jam it into the van. This wasn't working very well, so she calls out her friend, who is also a VERY LARGE woman. The second woman helps, they get the box springs in and then somehow the 2nd woman is ON TOP of a mattress, which is ON TOP of the van--David has NO idea how she got up there. The 2 women proceed to throw what look like sheets back and forth to each other, we think to tie down the mattress. The whole time they're VERY loud and talking very fast at each other. David then mentions that the woman on top of the van becomes "quite agile" and slids down the windshield and rolls the rest of the way off the van. They get back in the van and drive off. Oh, what a Redneck place we live!!!!! Today is trash day, they probably saw the mattress set sitting out and decided they wanted it. Where/how else do you get a mattress at 11:00 at night? When David was telling me this story I was laughing so hard I was crying and doing the silent laugh. Maybe it's not so funny to you all, but to us it was hilarious--maybe we were just tired, I don't know, but it sure was funny at the time! :) :) Sigh...what a place we live!
Hope you have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment