Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How many?

I know I just posted something, but technically that was yesterday's post (google was having issues so I couldn't post until today). For whatever reason, I often get a song going through my head in the mornings and it stays there. I have often wondered if it's God's way of helping me to remember his promises, his faithfulness, etc? I have been hearing a song on the radio--I don't know who sings it or what the song is called. The song is about Christ, coming to earth as a baby but is King and Lord and Savior. The chorus is what really strikes me. It goes like this...

How many kings step down from their throne?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?

There's more, but I can't quite remember it. Anyway, isn't it true and something to think about? What a wonderful thing to remember about our Lord! He stepped down from this throne in heaven to come be with us on earth. He abandoned his home of heaven, a perfect home, to come make a home here on this imperfect earth. He's the greatest, yet he became the least just so I (and you!) can have eternal life with him in heaven. If that doesn't stop you in your tracks, I don't know what will! What a wonderful God we have. I hope that you are able to find reason to praise His name today!

No comments: