I don't know about you, but I always thought we were supposed to run a church according to God's rules and regulations. Well, here at Bankers we still run our church using Robert's Rules of Order, which, mind you, was developed in the late 1800s and NOT for churches. Businesses no longer use it, for obvious reasons. This "order" seems to me to be like walking through thick mud to get anything accomplished. But, as with most things at the church, they don't care to see that this way of doing business is neither done IN businesses (for which it was written) or in churches any longer. Sigh...However, David has decided to become an "expert" on dear ol' Robert to show these people just how idiotic it is. They got a flavor for it yesterday at a special business mtg we had. They are so intent on doing business this way, that David is going to show them exactly what that means. We're hoping this will allow people to see how unproductive and inefficient it is and they'll be BEGGING to change! :) Hey! I have an idea! What if we looked to SCRIPTURE for how to run a church. Now, THERE'S an idea!
As a pastor's wife I'm not allowed to share my opinion. For those who know me you know this is a huge frustration to me! Why don't I share? Well, it wouldn't do any good. I'm "just" the pastor's wife, and besides they think David tells me what to say anyway! HA!!! Now, that's funny! :) :) So, I sit in the pew and pray. I pray for wisdom for David as he moderates the mtg. I pray for the deacons to stand up for what's right, and I pray for the trustees to also do what's right. I would love to voice my opinion, but maybe praying is the best thing I can do.
Sometimes it's not easy being a pastor's wife. Ah well! I guess you could say I'm learning self-control! :)
1 comment:
It is really hard to hold your tongue I know!! But I have seen that more often than not it is the prayer that really works and my speaking just makes things worse. So hang in there and know you have people praying for you too!!!
Post a Comment