It's been a whirlwind the last few weeks. It seems life just never knows when to slow down!! We were called back to Akron last week for another funeral. This time it was David's Uncle John (his step mom's twin brother). It was all very sudden and unexpected. It was the last thing we expected to hear on Tues. morning when we found out. We headed down TH morning, got to my parent's house and went to visitation that evening. The funeral was Friday morning, followed by a nice dinner. The legacy of Uncle John is a wonderful one! You could not leave the funeral without knowing he was a man who loved the Lord and his family. We hated being in Akron for another sad time, but it was good to see family you don't often get to see, even if for a sad occasion.
It's time I announce that I am pregnant!!!!! I've had my suspicions for a few weeks now and last Sunday it was confirmed when the test turned positive in less than 10 seconds! :) We are, of course ECSTATIC and can't wait to hold this wee one in our arms come April. I'm feeling quite sick. I "finally" threw up this morning. I'm really hoping it won't be an all-day thing, so far so good. Saltine crackers and water are my new best friends. Strange the things one's body goes through. There is so much change even now. I have, of course, become exceedingly emotional, much to my husbands perplexity as to how to deal with his now overly-dramatic, crying wife. Pray for him. He's really stepped up to the plate, helping around the house, etc, but I know my feeling sick and out of sorts will wear on him, as it will on me. I am currently 6 weeks along and according to babycenter.com my baby is the size of a lentil bean! :) Oh, and it's heart is starting to beat now!!!!!! SO amazing!!!!!
Praise God for his MANY, MANY wonderful blessings!
2 comments:
First posting had too many mistakes. Teacher in me came out and so it was deleted. Too many tears kept me from writing what I wanted.
Thank you for the kind words about John. He loved you both so much. I regret that I did not get to tell him about the baby. He would have had a ball telling me I was getting old and would have called me "Mammaw"! :) He always asked about you both when I would talk with him.
We are so thrilled for you and David. I'm sure that all the sickness will have been forgotten when you get to hold that precious baby! Hang in there - take care of yourself - and we love you very much.
Mammaw Sue and Grandad
Post a Comment