Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Steadfast Love of the Lord

The steadfast love of the Lord never changes.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning,
New every morning.
Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
I love this song. The tune is soothing to the ears and heart, the words are soothing to the soul. Though I'm having another bad day physically, I am reminded of His steadfast love, and that He is FAITHFUL and his mercies never end. I have to remind myself of these things often. I couldn't keep breakfast down today. But, I have managed to get a few crackers and yogurt down. I find that merciful from our Father.
I am missing 2 wonderful ladies today. First, my grandma, Barbara Jean Russell. She is my Grandpa's first wife of over 50 years. She and I were so much alike. Not liking to show our true emotions and preferring to hide behind a tough exterior then to appear vulnerable. But, having lots of love to give. She was a woman who loved a good joke and laughed easily at things she found delightful. The other woman is Hanna Rork Russell, my Grandpa's 2nd wife of almost 2 yrs. She is in heaven with Barbara and I want more than anything to tell them in person that they will have another great-grandbaby. I know they would both be ecstatic and so proud and joyful! They would also be able to comiserate on feeling so yucky and would offer HELPFUL information and above all would keep me and this little one in their prayers. Both of these women taught me that God is FAITHFUL!!!! There's no questioning that. Life may not always be sunshine and roses and our health may not always be what we would like, but GOD IS FAITHFUL! This is a promise we MUST hold onto.
These beautiful women will never hold my babies this side of heaven, but, I somehow can't help but wonder if they know anyway and are jumping for joy in heaven and praising our Father for this little blessing.
The steadfast love of the Lord never changes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeni,
I know they are jumping for joy!!!!
I'm praying for you. Blessings to you and David.