Monday, September 27, 2010

A BIG Sigh of Relief

SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hear a big sigh of relief yesterday around noon? Well, if you did, it was David and I letting out a HUGE sigh of relief! Why might you ask? Well, DAVID GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After preaching we took ourselves out of the church and waited with some friends (who had come from Columbus to be with us) in the youth room while the members voted. We were then proudly and excitedly ushered back into the church and David was presented as the pastor of the church! He was handed the keys and there was a huge round of applause. Might I say, I was nearly in tears as the last 2 years and all that had happened and all that had gone wrong, and right, came to a head to this big, huge finish. Wow. It's over, folks!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all over!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more wondering, no more nail-biting, no more questioning, no more waiting. It's OVER!

Join with me in singing:
"Praise GOD from Whom all blessings flow!
Praise HIM all creatures here below!
Praise HIM above the heavenly hosts!
Praise FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST!
AMEN!"
___________________________________________________

Secondly, Cora is 18 months old today! How does this keep happening--her getting older? I don't have any stats on her as far as weight/height/etc as we have not taken her to the pediatrician for her 18 month check up (we'll have to wait until we get moved to Bedford!). But, I can tell you this: she is growing like a weed, picking up new words every single day and is so much fun! I love her to pieces and just love to watch her grow!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

God is Good!!!

Enigmama said...

So happy for you all!

Ruthie said...

hooray! we are just reveling in the blessings over here! can't wait for Saturday!!!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE OUR WONDERFUL LORD!!!!!!!
love,
mom

Headed for Happiness said...

Congratulations Jeni! So glad to hear that you can breathe easy now, after two long years of the unknown. Best of luck to you on moving up north and unpacking into YOUR home and new life.