Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Then and Now

There is so much going on for us right now--good stuff--that it's overwhelming! I have been thinking a lot about where we were 2 years ago at this time and where we are now.

THEN:
We were still at the church in MI, but we saw the handwriting on the wall and in Sept of 2008 we knew things were going south.

NOW: 
We will know in a few weeks 100% that the job in OH is the one for us!!!!! The church will be voting Sept 26 and then we'll know!

THEN:
We made the decision that we would be leaving that church. We had no idea where we would go, how soon David would get a job, where we would live. We had no idea. We just knew God was calling us to go.

NOW:
We have purchased a home!!!!!!!!! We have our own place to call OURS! We know WHERE this home is, we know WHERE the job is and we know GOD brought us to this place!

THEN:
I was pregnant, sicker than a dog, puking my guts up and trying so hard to be a support to my husband.


NOW: 
We have Cora, who is 17 months old! I'm NOT pregnant and I'm loving being a mom! We're learning how to parent a child who has a strong will and is testing boundaries. :) 

THEN:
After a car accident during pregnancy, someone running into our cars while they were parked, David going through horrible pain that let to gall bladder surgery, and a traumatic labor and delivery I developed a sense of fear and uncertainty. I was afraid every time David or Cora were out of my sight, fearing they would never return.

NOW: 
I still struggle, at times, with this fear, but God is really helping me give those fears to him and let go of my husband and child. NOT easy, but thankfully God is patient, loving and kind and is helping me not be afraid. 

I will fill you in more later this week concerning our house and a car we sold and how it's all happening so fast and yet we believe it's totally God's doing!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I'm liking the Now much better than the Then! But, I also know God has used all of those trials to grow you and David. I love you guys and am just rejoicing for all the wonderful things that are coming to fruition!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't our God so Good!!!!!
love,
mom