Yesterday was a bad day of morning/all day sickness. Even my Saltines didn't want to go down. It was a rough day, I only made it at work for 1/2 a day and slept the afternoon away at home. I woke up feeling rotten, hungry, not sure what to eat and knew I had to pull myself together for Bible study that night. I climbed into bed last night and just cried with my husband, stating that I don't know if I can do this. I know, it's a bit late for that, but still, I didn't know I could feel so rotten. My dear husband rubbed my back (which is starting to ache a bit now), kissed my head and said, "Of course you can do it, Honey." I'm glad he's so sure because right now I'm having my doubts! My earnest prayer is that I don't feel this way throughout my whole pregnancy. I know many who have felt terrible the whole time, and I'm SO praying that I'm not one of them. I know if I am God will give me the strength I need. I have been singing the following song a lot lately. It's always been one of my favorites. I'm sure you know it too!
You are my strength when I am weak,
You are the treasure that I seek.
You are my all in all.
Seeking you as a precious jewel,
Lord to give up, I'd be a fool.
You are my all in all.
Chorus:
Jesus, Lamb of God,
Worthy is your name!
Jesus, Lamb of God,
Worthy is your name!
When I fall down you pick me up,
When I am dry you fill my cup.
You are my all in all...
What beautiful words!!!! They have always been an encouragement to me and they are so true now in this chapter of life that I'm into. I hope that today you can find Him to be your ALL IN ALL!
2 comments:
oh, sweet sister. how i feel your pain, anquish and desperation! I remember those days all too clearly and I'm praying for you. not only will you get through this, you can, and through God's grace he'll help you forget the agony shortly after it's gone. love you so much.
I can't even imagine how you feel, but I know you will never be alone. God does give us the strength to cope with all we think we can't handle. Ruthie is right, once it is over you will forget because you will have something more precious to remember - and all will be good memories! You and David have been so blessed and our prayers are that you will be over this sick feeling soon.
Love you!
Sue
Post a Comment