Thoughts, funny stories and other ramblings from a woman who is also a pastor's wife!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Warnings from a Mom
Ok, so Sunday David preached at OUR new church (we all know how that ended!!!!). I was standing talking to our friends who had come up from Columbus to give moral support when David came out of the bathroom. He said that my mom had asked him, before we left the house, if he had remembered his sermon? Yes. Did you remember your Bible? Yes. Did you remember your underwear? Seriously, yes. BIG eye roll! Well, he says, guess what I forgot? I looked at him in amazement as I had no idea. And then it dawned on me--"YOU FORGOT YOUR UNDERWEAR?????" I blurt out right there before church. Yep! Indeed he had! :) He was in the bathroom and realized he had put his suit pants on over his pajama pants and NOT his underwear. Lesson of this story? Next time your mother (or mother-in-law in this case) asks you if you've forgotten your underwear, please double check. You just never know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ha, Ha!
love, mom
so, jamie, soph and I are about losing it!!! :) i'm sure david appreciates that you blogged this.
Yes, I'm sure he REALLY appreciates that you blogged this. =) Too funny. At least his zipper was up... I hope!
That is really funny, Jeni! I have to check myself every morning before I step out of the house, because I have got to work in the past wearing my slippers and not have my actualy shoes with me! Hopefully it lifted the mood a little before his big moment!
Post a Comment